You may have noticed that this is a full time makeup blog, part time nail blog. I go through phases where I paint my nails daily and then a few months where I don’t bother at all. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been getting back into it. The folks at Born Pretty Store were kind enough to send me an image stamping plate, along with stamper and scraper, to review for you. They sell nail art amongst other things. They are based in Singapore I believe and shipping to the UK took approximately 12 days which was pretty good!
I received plate M77 which has some pretty lace, bow and feather designs on it. For those who haven’t done nail art stamping before here is a quick how to guide.
1. 1. I use a cosmetic sponge soaked in nail polish remover to wipe everything off so make sure you have one standing by.
2. 2. Blob some polish (specialist stamping polish tends to work better than regular polish I find) onto your desired design and scrape off the excess using the scraper.
3. 3. Roll the stamper over the image.
4. 4. Roll the stamper over you nail. This quicker you go the better chance you have of the whole design transferring properly.
5. 5. Wipe everything off on the sponge quickly or you will end up with a mess!
I’m a little out of practice but I’ve included some attempts on a nail wheel so you can see the results. What I love about nail art stamping is the level of detail you can achieve in such a short amount of time. The images transfer really well. I do recommend always popping a top coat on so the design lasts.
The cost of the plates varies from $2.99 if you buy one getting cheaper the more you buy. Expect more NOTD posts in the near future! X P.S. if you look on the right of this page you will find a 10% off code xx
*The above products were provided free for review purposes. This does not affect my review, I am always honest. I do not receive any compensation if you click the links above, they are not affiliate links*