I’m pretty sure 2011 was the faster year ever. I mean really, I blinked and I missed it! But I suppose there is no time like the present to try and take stock of the last year and to have a think about what I want from 2012. I did a post like this last year actually which you can find here.
These were my New Years Resolution for 2011.
* End the year with no debt (apart from student loan and Mortgage, both of which I’ll be paying off until the end of time) and savings in the bank. Yes! I don’t owe my parents anything, wedding rings and sofa are paid off. Student over draft is gone! Ok so there isn’t a lot in the savings account but it’s a good start.
* Get my foot on the ladder of my chosen career. Erm kind of? I have embarked on an at home study course to get my CIPD qualification and should be finished by the end of January! I had hoped to finish it before the end of 2011 but it hasn’t worked out that way. Still, one month to go!
I’m going to start off with a lecture. Mostly just to prove that I have been paying attention through my HR course! Now there is absolutely no point making up vague resolutions like ‘I’m going to be a better person’. How will you know if you’ve done it or not? Objectives should be (geek time now) SMART. Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time limited.
So what am I going to set my sights on for this year? Make yourself comfortable, this may be a long list...
* I want to have handed in my final bit of coursework by the end of January.
* I want to have applied for Associate CIPD membership by the beginning of June.
* Through the entire month of January my husband and I are ‘detoxing’. No we aren’t doing a mad diet. We are just going to go alcohol free for the month and stop buying crap snack foods. Both of us could do with shifting the remains of the Christmas binging that has made our trouser a little too tight...
* I have enough cosmetics and skin care waiting in the wings to last any normal person the entirety of 2012. I need to actually get on and review what I have. As such I am not going to buy anything (yes it’s yet another no buy but I’m pretty good at sticking to them so I don’t feel bad going on about it on here) until 1st April 2012. Even then I can only start purchasing again if I have finished reviewing all the products I currently own. Should I do another project ten pan? Hmm...
* Edited to add this one. I used to read a couple of books a week for pleasure but University and studying since then put a stop to that. in 2012 I want to read at least 50 books. I may even start a book review blog, we shall see.
If you’re making any resolutions please feel free to share them (or links to your own posts!) in the comments. Thank you every one who has taken the time to read me waffle on in 2011. I wish you all the very best in 2012 xx